Friday 17 December 2010

Friday's Travel Update

As I said in my first post, I'll keep a log of my journeys. So on Friday:

Morning: As usual I travelled on 0725 from Braintree (late) and change onto what is now the 0755 from Witham (late and overcrowded) to Stratford.
Evening: Left early, caught the Clacton train (late) and changed onto the Braintree train (late) at Witham.

One thing that stands out about the new timetable is how many trains are now overcrowded, something the new timetable was explicitly introduced to fix. NXEA have failed there, furthermore, it's also plain the majority of trains have run late. Though to be fair the weather may have been a factor. However, I will be monitoring this closely.

All in all a poor start for NXEA. We'll see what happens in week two.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the blog, passengers deserve a voice. I commute daily into Liverpool St on the Cambridge service - service is poor, trains clapped-out etc etc. NXEA publicity is currently touting new clean longer air conditioned trains, yes BUT, only if you happen to be lucky enough to be flying into Stansted, or if you happen to live in Bishops Stortford or Harlow. The rest of us using the intermediate stations will have to continue living with the old dirty 30 year old carriages and slower services. I've recently set up a forum for London bound commuters like us, where we can all share the pain! It's at: www.cattleclass.co.uk

    Feel free to come and join the community. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete